Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Booths and Boots

Monday, 2 p.m.
Reported by Marlous Schoemaker

The booths in the hall are literally taking shape. Curtains have been hung, power connected, carpets laid and steel edifices put up. Outside things are looking busier too: SUVs packed with valves, posters and all the other bits and pieces that can turn a humble booth into a temporary home are rumbling into the parking lot. Each one bigger and shinier than the last. Wonderful! And my heart jumps for joy when I espy cowboy boots emerging from one of these vehicles. Oh yes, I may be a Dutch lass, but I share a passion for this footwear with those Texan cowboys! I could talk with them for hours about the professional finish, the ideal fit, the different designs, the beautiful materials and just how durable they really are. But of course it’s the valves that will take centre-stage this week. The latest designs, the materials of construction, the trims, the finishes, the coatings… all that and more can be seen on the 90-odd booths starting Tuesday. But I’ll also be keeping a quiet eye open for more boots, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment